Learning Acceleration Impact Fellow
Application closes May 15th, 2023 at 12pm ET.
Washington D.C. – Full-Time, Remote with occasional travel to Washington, DC or Hybrid in Washington, DC
ABOUT THE POSITION
The FAS Talent Hub is seeking a fellow for a 1 year term (with potential opportunity to extend) to join the Institute of Education Sciences team within the Department of Education. The Fellow will support work at the Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences focusing on accelerating student learning in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Learning Acceleration Impact Fellow will enter an assignment at the Department of Education to help coordinate the Institute of Education Sciences’ engagement with outside partners focused on learning acceleration. Critically, the Impact Fellow will be charged with supporting (a) partners’ use of strategies, such as tutoring, that rigorous research has demonstrated is effective in improving student academic outcomes, (b) the design and execution of rigorous research to evaluate partners’ (and others’) learning acceleration efforts, (c) Institute-sponsored efforts designed to accelerate student learning and development and build rigorous evidence of interventions’ efficacy, and (d) dissemination of evidence-based practices and emergent learning to national stakeholders.
Current federal employees arenot有资格担任此职位。
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Specific responsibilities for this Education Learning Acceleration Impact Fellow include:
- Research Design:随着开发咨询与合作伙伴ch questions that, when answered, have the potential to yield policy-relevant findings. Identify appropriate data, study designs, and analytic techniques that are capable of answering those questions. As needed, support stakeholders in the execution of well-designed research.
- Communication:Translate complex concepts, findings, and limitations into concise, plain language in briefs and visualizations. Closely tie findings and conclusions into the agency mission, original problem statement and team objectives. Research and design presentations and interpretations of analytical outputs tailored to specific audiences including the use of interactivity and narrative storytelling where appropriate.
YOUR BACKGROUND AND ABILITIES
- Strong candidates should have some of the following experience and qualifications:
- Experience in education policy (can include classroom or instructional leadership at the building, district, or state level);
- Familiarity with the use of evidence-based practices in K-12 school settings (examples might include the Department of Education’s What Works Clearinghouse or evidence-based practice defined by the每个学生都成功的2015年法案)
- Commitment to public service, diversity, equity, and inclusion and pursuing it within the mission of the FAS Talent Hub and Department of Education;
- Experience collaborating with some combination of educators; instructional leaders; local, state, or federal education agency staff; advocacy or community-based organizations; and philanthropy;
- Strong background in program evaluation (e.g., experiments or quasi-experiments in the social sciences), applied statistics, or econometrics;
- Experience managing teams, projects, and processes, especially using agile methodologies, as well as in building partnerships and collaborating across networks, working in an entrepreneurial culture, navigating ambiguous environments and leading teams;
- Experience conducting analysis in contemporary programming or statistical software suite;
EDUCATION & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Unfortunately, FAS is unable to consider current federal employees for the FAS Impact Fellowship.
Master’s degree or higher required, preferably in a quantitative social science discipline, public policy, education, or applied statistics.
This fellowship will provide a salary for the entirety of the fellowship duration at an annual rate of $145,000 per year. The Impact Fellow will receive additional compensation $2,000 per month to account for health and living expenses. Additional information about the Fellowship can be found in our FAQ.